
Historian Doris Kearns Goodwin gets personal in 'An Unfinished Love Story'
Doris Kearns Goodwin’s next book is a work of history that’s also close to home
2023-09-20 20:17

15 Great Father’s Day Gifts to Celebrate Every Kind of Dad
Have a dad who is hard to shop for? Here are the best Father’s Day gifts for all kinds of father figures, including everything from multitools to beard-trimming kits and more.
2023-05-27 03:52

Internet thinks DC's new Superman David Corenswet looks strikingly similar to Henry Cavill: 'They cloned him'
David Corenswet will star in 'Superman: Legacy,' the film that will launch DC’s new universe under James Gunn
2023-06-28 15:23

'Succession': The 10 most horrifying moments from Logan's funeral
We survived Logan Roy's (Brian Cox) funeral, but at what cost? Succesion Season 4, episode
2023-05-22 10:25

Emmy Awards 2023: See the full list of nominees
The nominees for the 75th Emmy Awards -- television's top honor -- will be revealed on Wednesday morning.
2023-07-12 21:49

When LSU star Olivia Dunne got candid about her dream car in YouTube chit-chat session: ‘It’s tricky’
Approximately a year ago, the gymnast shared a brief social media clip discussing her dream car
2023-10-29 15:47

Matthew Perry's 'Friends' costars reminiscence about late actor
Matthew Perry’s “Friends” co-stars are sharing more remembrances of the star in their first personal social media posts since the actor’s death last month
2023-11-16 00:22

Sam Champion's 'permanent’ career move away from 'GMA' with husband Rubem Robierb stuns Internet
Sam Champion went live on Instagram from the waters in Miami and spoke about this big change in his life
2023-11-27 11:17

Prince Harry’s court case can’t be filmed - so Sky News came up with a ‘bizarre’ reconstruction
It’s fair to say that the Duke of Sussex and the media – particularly the tabloid press – don’t get on all too well, with the prince previously branding it the “devil” in an interview with ITV News’ Tom Bradby earlier this year. Now, as the duke is back in the headlines with his court case against the publisher of the Daily Mirror over alleged phone hacking (which the company denies), paparazzi and broadcasters have a bit of a problem with capturing footage inside of the courtroom. While the broadcasting of High Court and Senior Circuit judges handing out criminal sentences was allowed from 2020 (with the first sentencing remarks aired in 2022 due to the coronavirus pandemic), filming anything else in court is very much forbidden and risks those responsible being found in contempt. Except, written transcriptions aren’t the most visually exciting thing in the world for TV news stations, who are more interested in some good quality video for their reporting. Thankfully, Sky News offered up a solution on Tuesday – by roping in an actor to perform a dramatic recital of some of the most eye-opening moments from Harry’s testimony. In a clip of a reconstruction shared by the station online, Laurence Dobiesz (who starred in the 2011 Sherlock Holmes film sequel A Game of Shadows) can be seen sporting a blue suit and standing behind a lectern as he tries to emulate the duke’s demeanour in court. Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter The accompanying caption reads: “In the phone hacking case, Prince Harry told the court that every single article played a destructive role in his life. “There are no cameras in court, so as part of a special progamme, Sky News has recorded what was said by the duke, played by an actor.” With a few extravagant hand gestures along the way, Dobiesz recites a passage in which the prince said “every single one” of the articles penned by the tabloid press played a “destructive role in my growing up”. Harry/the actor (this is all very confusing) said: “More than thousands, maybe millions of articles have been written about me since age 12 … because it’s 20 years ago, I simply cannot speculate how I was and whether I saw these articles at the time. “I certainly saw lots of articles at the time - the ones I was made aware of because of the behaviour and reaction of people in my inner circle. “Unfortunately, stories that I’ve only shared with one or two people within my inner circle, ends up front page of a newspaper or any page, your circle of friends starts to shrink and diminish rather rapidly.” It’s certainly an unusual way of presenting the information to viewers, but Twitter was soon to conclude it was still “creepy” and “embarrassing”: The actor’s appearance was part of a special programme on Sky News titled Harry in Court, presented by Jonathan Samuels and airing every night at 9pm. Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-06-07 17:22

Mark Zuckerberg denies he contacted UFC legend about a date for Elon Musk fight
Mark Zuckerberg has denied that he contacted UFC legend Chael Sonnen to confirm he wanted to fight Elon Musk at UFC 300. The former fighter claimed that he wanted to make the touted bout a part of the event, which is expected to take place in the next year. However, Zuckerberg has reportedly denied he ever spoke to Sonnen. Speaking on the MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani, Sonnen said he’d just got off the phone with the Meta CEO, adding: “Zuckerberg has told me that he has agreed to fight Elon Musk at UFC 300. Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter “It was a very big deal. He kept bringing up the dates, because, ‘Elon could never say he has something to do. He could never say that he was busy.'” Since then, a spokesperson for Zuckerberg has denied that this exchange happened, according to TMZ. They did not, however, deny that the fight could potentially take place at UFC 300. “I have confirmed with Mark that he did not call Chael Sonnen,” the spokesperson reportedly said. UFC 300 is rumoured to be taking place in April or May next year. The billionaires have verbally agreed to a fight after Musk said that he was “up for a cage match” after rumours emerged that the Meta boss was working on a Twitter rival. Zuckerberg responded with a screenshot of Musk’s tweet with the caption “send me location”. UFC boss Dana White previously appeared on TMZ Live and explained that he’d spoken to both Musk and Zuckerberg and they were "absolutely dead serious" about the cage fight. "There's no limit on what this thing can make," said White. "Both guys are absolutely dead serious about this." Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-06-27 16:56

Chrissy Teigen slams critic over comments about her appearance
Chrissy Teigen slams critic over comments about her appearance
2023-06-18 07:54

‘It's giving grooming’: Internet calls out Harry Jowsey as he gifts $14K bracelet to ‘DWTS’ partner Rylee Arnold amid dating rumors
Harry Jowsey gifted a $14,000 bracelet to his 'DWTS' partner Rylee Arnold during their Thanksgiving celebration, fueling speculation about their relationship
2023-11-29 09:21
You Might Like...

Internet dubs xQc 'racist' following his exchange with people on Monkey App: 'Wrong choice of words'

Is Krayzie Bone OK? LeBron James and fans offer prayers for rapper amid his health crisis

How tall is Mike Tyson? Former World Heavyweight Boxing Champion once called himself ‘dwarf’

'I never wanted to hurt her': Tina Turner's ex-best friend and PA regrets writing explosive tell-all book that drove them apart

Alix Earle's family chronicles: Meet TikTok sensation's parents and siblings

Pete Davidson shares VHS tapes ‘secret’ with Jimmy Fallon, fans 'hope he makes billions'

Kendall Jenner sees long-term future with Bad Bunny as they 'complement each other'

Jake Paul explains why people thought he was taking cocaine at brother's boxing match