
Britney Spears' iconic 'Toxic' hit was actually about an Irish vet
Britney Spears fans are stunned to learn that her iconic hit 'Toxic' could be about an Irish vet. Making waves in the charts back in 2003, the single derives from the pop star's fourth studio album, In the Zone. It was initially offered to Kylie Minogue, who turned it down. It explores the connection and addiction to a toxic lover. Well now, in one of the most bizarre crossovers and what certainly wasn't on our 2023 bingo cards, it appears as though the track could be about Supervet Dr Noel Fitzpatrick. The song was written by Cathy Dennis, who was dating the vet at the time. Sign up for our free Indy100 weekly newsletter "The man who inspired the Britney Spears track 'Toxic' was someone that the song’s co-writer Cathy Dennis had been dating in the early 2000s, who broke up with her in 2003: Noel Fitzpatrick," Pop B*tch claimed. "'It’s unlikely you’d have known who he was at the time (unless you had a sick spaniel) but he’s better known to most people nowadays as Channel 4 ’s Supervet!" The pair said to have met when Cathy took in her Labrador Charlie to his surgery. Britney Spears - Toxic (Official HD Video) www.youtube.com This isn't the first time the rumours have surfaced, either... In an older episode of This Morning, Holly Willoughby candidly asked the famed vet whether he believed 'Toxic' was about him. Noel replied: "You may have to ask Kylie Minogue whether 'I Can't Get You Out Of My Head' is written about me." It didn't take long for the discovery to be shared across social media, with one Twitter user writing: "I still can’t get over 'Toxic' by Britney Spears is about the Supervet." Another chimed in: "I’m still not over 'Toxic' being about Noel Fitzpatrick." Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-06-16 17:47

Stereophonics’ Kelly Jones on AI: Art should come from people
Stereophonics frontman Kelly Jones has spoken about the growing use of artificial intelligence in music saying that “art should come from people”. The 49-year-old lead singer of the rock band which formed in Wales in 1992 also questioned the move towards multiple songwriters on a release. Jones spoke to Times Radio at Latitude Festival in Henham Park, Suffolk, on Sunday after he played with his new band Far From Saints. The Welsh musician said he had not realised until attending the Ivor Novello Awards that AI technology is being increasingly used to “finish off people’s songwriting”. He also said: “I’m not against forward-thinking technology and how things are progressing, but I think art should come from people, I mean the basics of it anyway. “I think art has always been somebody’s expression, a real person’s expression from a heart, from a head. “If you’re going to start an idea, then a computer finishes it, I mean, it’s OK, but it’s just about algorithms and things like that, it’s not my personal feeling on where it should come from. “I’m not really into 10 songwriters on a song. “It’s like if you’re making painting, you’ve got 10 painters chucking paint on a canvas, I mean, whose f****** painting is it anymore?” Far From Saints have been touring festivals after releasing Let’s Turn This Back Around earlier this year. Jones, who set up his new band with Patty Lynn of The Wind And The Wave, said since the pandemic and the UK’s break from the European Union it has become harder to make money from music. He said: “It’s kind of a nightmare with… Brexit and all that sort of stuff. “So it’s a very different place since Brexit, since Covid, since all of that stuff. “So it’s not easy to make a living of it if you’re a brand new kid coming out onto the street, ‘just let’s get in a van and go make music’ – it’s kind of hard.” There has been a mixed response to the technology in the music business, with country star Dolly Parton voicing concerns about AI while Black Eyed Peas member Will.i.am has taken an optimistic view on new music software. Last month, Parton told a press event: “I think I’ve left a great body of work behind. “I have to decide how much of that high-tech stuff I want to be involved because I don’t want to leave my soul here on this Earth.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live TikTok is now most favourable single source of news in UK teenagers, research shows Talk of AI dangers has ‘run ahead of the technology’, says Nick Clegg Eurostar passengers can avoid UK passport checks by having faces scanned
2023-07-23 20:59

Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers publicly shares latest package proposed to Writers Guild of America
The Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP) shared in a news release their latest package of terms proposed to the Writers Guild of America (WGA) as part of strike negotiations.
2023-08-23 13:49

Cher accused of hiring four men to abduct her son from a New York hotel
Legendary pop singer Cher hired four men to abduct her son, her daughter-in-law has claimed. Marieangela King, the British wife of Cher’s youngest son Elijah Blue Allman, said she and her husband were in a hotel room when the group of strangers burst in. She and Allman had filed for divorce, citing irrevocable differences. According to court documents, King, who is a singer known as Queenie, said they had spent 12 days alone at the hotel in New York, "working out [their] marriage," when the shocking incident occurred. King said in a court filing: “After spending these 12 days together in New York, on November 30, 2022, the night of our wedding anniversary, four people came to our hotel room and removed [my husband] from our room.” “I was told by one of the four men who took him that they were hired by [his] mother,” she continued. The couple were married in 2013 but separated in 2020 and filed for divorce in 2021. King added that, even now, she remains “currently unaware of my husband’s wellbeing or whereabouts. I am very concerned and worried about him”. She also noted: “I understand his family’s efforts to make sure he is well, and I want what is best for my husband.” Allman is Cher’s youngest son, whom she shares with musician Greg Allman. Allman has previously struggled with addiction but is understood to have been sober since 2008. King believes he had been receiving treatment at a healthcare facility but did not know which one or how to contact him. She claimed: “In my husband’s absence I was asked to leave our family home by [his] mother.” “I did so on the belief that my support payments would be timely, and I would be able to afford housing,” she said. indy100 has contacted Cher’s represenatives for comment. Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-09-28 17:59

'Friends' star Morgan Fairchild reveals she secretly had two hip replacements in 2022 after years of pain
Morgan Fairchild, who is best known for playing Nora Bing, said that she was in a car accident in 2016 that caused the hip injuries
2023-05-21 20:47

'She is her only competition': Taylor Swift rules Spotify with 90M more daily streams than artist at No 2
Taylor Swift tops charts and breaks records on Spotify, as she becomes the No 1 daily streamed artist
2023-11-13 15:19

Is Andrew Tate dating Jordan Peterson's daughter Mikhaila? Truth about their relationship revealed
Andrew Tate and Mikhaila Peterson went on a date exploring castles in Romania
2023-06-09 19:29

AFROPUNK BROOKLYN 2023 Announces Lineup, With Headliners Jazmine Sullivan and Flying Lotus
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun 22, 2023--
2023-06-23 00:22

'The Idol' cancelled after one season and a weak end
Today in "Oh no! Anyway," HBO's raunch-cringe music-industry drama The Idol will not be returning
2023-08-29 11:53

Joe Biden called ‘warmonger’ after CNN’s Kaitlan Collins reports his lack of confidence in Gaza death toll
Joe Biden has doubted the death toll in the Gaza Strip as reported by Palestinian Health Ministry
2023-10-26 16:55

Why was Al Roker embarrassed? 'Today' host breaks cat litter box on live TV, fans say ‘Not the best promo for this product’
'Today' host Al Roker made an absolute mess of a prop demonstration on the show, breaking the product being showcased
2023-07-29 15:46

Referee in viral Mark Zuckerberg jiu-jitsu 'argument' video confirms what happened
Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg surprised people recently after turning up at a jiu-jitsu tournament, with footage appearing to show him looking a little unhappy with the result of his bout. The Meta CEO was spotted taking on a fellow competitor in Redwood City in California on Saturday (May 6), and he was eventually pinned after a tussle in the ring. The referee stopped the fight and awarded it to his opponent after believing that Zuckerberg had 'tapped out'. However, the footage suggested Zuckerberg was unhappy with the result and it was changed to a 0-0 draw. Sign up to our new free Indy100 weekly newsletter He did well during the result of the tournament, with the 38-year-old winning gold and silver medals at his first public competition. Now, the referee from the event has spoken and clarified that there was no such “argument”. Referee Lucas Costa, who is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, spoke to bloodyelbow.com and explained what went down. “There was no argument,” said Costa. “It was in Gi and he got choked out. That was the video you saw. I stopped it and he wanted to check with me about why I stopped it. He didn’t know what was happening, which was one of the reasons I stopped it. But he had started to snore and the rule set says that snoring is a version of a verbal tap.” “I was paying a lot of attention,” Costa added. “I was paying even more attention because it was Mark. He got caught in an Ezekiel and I waited, but he didn’t fight back. And I was waiting, but on the third snore I had to stop the fight. He was very polite but he wanted to know how the rules work.” Speaking about the experience of meeting him, Costa said: “Mark’s fight was a surprise… I was impressed though. “He seemed like a normal guy. Looked me in the eye, gave me a firm handshake and an even bigger surprise was that he fights well.” Discussing his fighting style, Costa added: “He goes forward a lot. He attacks more. With very little defence.” Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-06-21 17:51
You Might Like...

'Manipulation is when they blame you': 'RHOA' alum Kim Zolciak snubs Kroy Biermann in cryptic post amid messy divorce

Who is Juliette Ojeda? First-generation Cuban-American got 'The Voice' Season 24 coaches fighting over her with genre-blending song

Is Brigitte Bardot OK? Emergency services called to iconic actress' home after her health scare, husband says, 'happens at 88 years old'

Beyoncé showing up for Taylor Swift's movie premiere was a 'fairytale'

How much is Dwayne Johnson being paid for 'Red One'? Christmas movie expected to earn actor record-breaking paycheck in Hollywood's history

'Morning Joe' host Joe Scarborough's sweet snap with 'soulmate' Mika Brzezinski wins fans' hearts

Library Patrons in Oregon Can Check Out a Robotic Cat for Company

Mizkif reveals xQc showed up just two minutes before TwitchCon 'Schooled' event commenced